Hall of Distinction
Saint Joseph High School is pleased to announce the 2024 launch of the Saint Joseph High School Hall of Distinction to honor alumni, friends and Partners in Mission who have worked tirelessly to make Saint Joe’s what it is today - a school of excellence.
A selection committee, composed of alumni from across the decades, is defining the nomination process, including the award categories. The Hall of Distinction Selection Committee will take into account a nominee’s contributions to Saint Joseph High School and beyond within any or all of the following categories:
- Career Achievement: Alumnus who has excelled in his chosen career and profoundly impacted the lives of others while leading a lifestyle of integrity and probity to be an inspiration and role model for current and future Saint Joseph students. Encompasses all professions.
- Humanitarian: Alumnus whose endeavors epitomize the giving spirit of the Saint Joseph school community and impacts the lives of many through philanthropy, community service, and volunteerism.
- Partners in Mission: Educator, administrator, Brother of the Sacred Heart, or school employee who during his or her tenure profoundly impacted students’ lives and significantly contributed to the Saint Joseph school community. Does not have to be a Saint Joseph High School alumnus.
- Stewardship: Individual who as a community member or supporter, not an alumnus of the high school, positively impacted the Saint Joseph school community exclusively through volunteerism with, service to and/or contributions to the high school.
- Military Service: Alumnus whose noteworthy service in the U.S. Armed Forces reflects extraordinary contributions, dedication, valor, patriotism, and achievement. Nominees must have received an honorable discharge from U.S. Military service, be of the highest character, and may have made significant contributions at the local, state, or national level after active duty. An alumnus who made the ultimate sacrifice for his country, having lost his life in the line of duty, is immediately eligible for nomination.
- Faith-Based Vocation: Alumnus who has made a profound impact through service in the spirit of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart as an ordained cleric of any faith, priest, brother, deacon, volunteer lay minister (can include parish council members, eucharistic ministers, lectors, ushers, sacristans, catechists, choir members, etc.), or educator. Nominee has performed meaningful ministry or work in the religious community and serves as a role model, inspiring Saint Joseph students – past, present, and future – to espouse the religious values and mission of the high school, including service to others.
Nominations will be open from January 2024 until early Spring 2024. The inaugural Hall of Distinction class will be notified in early Summer 2024, leading to an induction ceremony during Homecoming Weekend in the Fall of 2024.
Nominations for the inaugural class of the Saint Joseph Hall of Distinction will be open from January 16 to March 31, 2024.
To submit a nomination, please fill out the form below:
If you would prefer to manually download and submit a nomination form via email or regular mail, please click below:
For more information on the Hall of Distinction bylaws, click the button below.
For more information on the Hall of Distinction, please contact Director of Communications and Marketing Tim LeCras:
Phone: 732-549-7600 ext. 270