Peer Mentor Program
Saint Joseph High School Peer Mentor Program
Built into our Flock Families is the Peer Mentoring program. Peer Mentors serve as a reliable foundation for our freshman students, providing a built in support both academically and socially. Peer Mentors help students to integrate into the wider school community by welcoming them over the summer and maintaining regular communication throughout the school year to answer questions and offer guidance.
Peer Mentors learn about social-emotional, leadership, and communication skills as they work to problem-solve and best support their mentees alongside the rest of their Flock.
- To help all students understand their personal value to our school community.
- To enrich our community using peer to peer relationships effectively
- To ensure a smooth transition for our incoming students
- Peer Mentors are required to attend a one day workshop prior to Freshmen Orientation
- Faculty advisors conduct Peer Mentor training.
- Peer Mentors will meet with mentees and Flock monthly
- Peer Mentors will work with incoming 8th graders in the spring semester to welcome and promote activities on our campus
- Peer Mentors commit to confidentiality (as described by faculty moderators)
- Sophomores and Juniors will be invited to apply in the spring semester
- Application (including a teacher recommendation) and an interview are required