Job Posting for a full-time position: Science Teacher (Chemistry and Physics) at Saint Joseph High School, Metuchen, New Jersey
Saint Joseph High School, owned and operated by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, is a private, Catholic all-boys college preparatory school looking for a talented individual to take on the role of full-time Science Teacher (Chemistry and Physics).
If interested, please email cover letter/CV to: Mr. Roel Mercado, Chair of the Science Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building a disciplined classroom culture in which students enjoy learning Science, think critically about course material, and assume ownership over their own learning
- Use a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments to ensure that students are engaged
- Work directly with school leaders and other school personnel in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Science curriculum
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in the field
- New Jersey State Teaching Certification, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of laboratory procedures, setup and safety preferred
- Minimum of one year experience teaching AP Chemistry and/or AP Physics C: Mechanics, preferred
- Experience teaching high school students, preferred
In addition to competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including 403(b), medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial environment.
Saint Joseph is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.